One Week £ 1,900 | Two Week £3,500 | One Week ₦120,000
Study online with ease
This Workshop will enable delegates to increase their awareness of the different approaches to negotiation, to develop successful negotiating and influencing strategies to improve their interpersonal skills - crucial to successful negotiations; and to develop ways of integrating negotiation skills and techniques into their role.
This Negotiating Skills course covers every aspect of interpersonal skills, from how you handle people to how you handle conflict, and how you can get the best possible deal for your bottom line. This workshop is a 'hands-on’ training where participants will put their skills into practice. Continual feedback and coaching is provided by the course facilitator as well as fellow participants.
- Who am I negotiating with?
- My style, my skills and my energy
- Developing negotiation strategy
- The Magic of Power Negotiation.
- The secrets of building rapport
- Translating Body language
- The five top tactical ploys and gambits.
- Negotiation – The four steps of negotiation
The phases of a negotiation
- Before entering the arena
- The handshake – getting the opening right
- Using summaries, timeouts and signpost
- Predictable tactics used by tough negotiators
Dealing with difficult people
- What makes some people so difficult to deal with?
- Difficult behaviours and how to handle yourself
- Gaining respect
- Productive conflict, dealing with aggression
- About concessions
Bringing it to a conclusion
- Building common ground
- Summarising carefully
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the four stages of negotiation
- Understand the importance of setting objectives and preparation
- Recognise the difference between selling and negotiation
- Maintain progress through difficult negotiations
- Identify when to close the deal
- Cope more effectively with difficult people
- Adapt your style depending on the situation
- Maintain progress through the phases of the negotiation, even under pressure
- Recognise when and how to make concessions
- Work more productively as part of a negotiating team