Attracting Foreign Direct Investment
One Week £ 1,900 | Two Week £3,500 | One Week ₦ 100,500
Study online with ease
Typically, when governments want to increase innovativeness and growth of their economies, they support entrepreneurship and attract incoming foreign direct investment (FDI). Economic policymakers in most countries go out of their way to attract foreign direct investment (FDI). A high level of FDI inflows is an affirmation of the economic policies that the policymakers have been implementing as well as a stamp of approval of the future economic health of that particular country. There is clearly an intense global competition for FDI.
As the Federal Government battles to sustain capital inflows into the economy through Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), analysts are of the opinion that pragmatic steps must be taken to effectively attract the right audience. This course focuses on the outcomes for potential foreign investment and how to market a location as a compelling business growth opportunity. It also explores the priorities, practical issues and proven solutions of creating a favourable business climate.
- Understanding Foreign Direct Investment
- Creating an Investment Promotion Strategy
- Building Effective Partnerships
- Strengthening the Location's Image
- Targeting and Generating Investment Opportunities
- Servicing Investors
- Monitoring and Evaluating Activities and Results
- Utilizing Information Technology
- Investment Coordination
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning that the learning occurs more easily and rapidly.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to
- appreciate the foreign investor's perspective on FDI
- understand the essentials of best practice business climate reform
- appreciate the influence of the World Bank's 'Ease of Doing Business' report and learn how to improve your country's ranking
- develop the competitiveness of an FDI location or sector
- create an FDI marketing programme aimed at winning and anchoring high quality investment in target sectors
- implement and evaluate FDI promotion strategy